★★★ Click here and sign up to receive special offers, and the latest news from Books Kinokuniya WEBstore!★★★
The Life of the Red Sea Dhow : A Cultural History of Seaborne Exploration in the Islamic World [Hardcover]
Few images are as evocative as the silhouette of the Arab dhow as, under full sail, it tacks to windward on glittering waters of Red Sea before moving across the face of the rising or setting sun. In this authoritative new book, Dionisius A. Agius, one of the foremost scholars of Islamic material culture, offers a lucid and wide-ranging history of the iconic dhow from medieval to modern times. Traversing the Arabian and African coasts, he shows that the dhow was central not just to commerce but to the vital transmission and exchange of ideas. Discussing trade and salt routes, shoals and wind patterns, spice harvest seasons and the deep and resonant connection between language, memory and oral tradition, this is the first book to place the dhow in its full and remarkable cultural contexts.
- RM447.20 RM402.48 Online Price
- RM380.12 Kinokuniya Privilege Card Member Price
- Availability Status : Out of stock.
- The item is subject to availability at publisher/manufacturer. We will e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information.
- Retail store and online prices may vary.
domestic delivery FREE Shipping on orders over RM80.00(Peninsular Malaysia) / RM200.00(East Malaysia)
While every attempt has been made to ensure stock availability, occasionally we do run out of stock at our stores.